1800 Continental Place
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
To proactively implement structural and non-structural projects that reduce flood damages and maintain our current environment for the citizens of Skagit County.
- Improving drainage and stormwater problem areas with capital projects.
- Develop and implement flood plans.
- Replace and/or upgrade county culverts that impact fish passage.
- Stabilize riverbanks.
- Assist flood control districts with maintenance projects.
- Coordinate flood fight efforts.
- Repair flood damages to public roads, bridges, dikes, etc.
- Review new development permits for compliance with drainage standards.
- Develop new drainage ordinance/standards.
Reason for Participating on the Skagit Watershed Council
- To assist in developing and implementing a voluntary habitat restoration and protection program.
- To receive direction in habitat restoration projects that Public Works constructs.
- To partner in large restoration projects.